Maarten ten KateLawyer, Partner
Maarten ten Kate has been a corporate lawyer since 2007, specialising in corporate governance and mergers & acquisitions. His clients include semi-public institutions, large (listed) companies, investment funds, family businesses, start-ups and scale-ups. Maarten assists them with corporate law transactions (mergers, acquisitions, management buy-ins / outs, restructuring, investments), the formation of joint ventures and partnerships and with corporate-law disputes including shareholder and takeover disputes.
An important focal point in his skillset is corporate governance. He has specific knowledge and experience in this field in highly regulated sectors, such as healthcare, education and the financial sector, and is regularly approached by management boards and supervisory boards for advice. Maarten is a member of the healthcare team of Pot Jonker Advocaten.
Maarten started his legal career at NautaDutilh in 2007 and joined Pot Jonker Advocaten in 2017. Between 2012 and 2015 he worked at ABN AMRO, as Deputy Company Secretary of the Executive Board and Supervisory Board. He regularly lectures and publishes articles on the latest developments in corporate governance.
● Corporate Transactions
● Joint ventures & partnerships
● Corporate Governance & Compliance
● Corporate Disputes
Background and related activities
● Member of the Advisory Council Academy for Banking and Insurance, Universiteit van Amsterdam
● Lecturer in Corporate Governance Academy for Banking and Insurance, Universiteit van Amsterdam
● Lecturer in Corporate Governance in the postdoc Financial Law Program at the Academy for Banking and Insurance, Universiteit van Amsterdam
● Lecturer in Corporate Governance at the Governance University
● Member of the Dutch Association of Healthcare Law