Pot Jonker Advocaten attaches great importance to the satisfaction of our clients. We will make every effort to provide you with the best possible services. Despite our commitment, you might be dissatisfied with some aspect of our services. Below we set out what you can do if this is the case.
If you are dissatisfied with the quality of the services provided or any fee note, we request that you first put your objections to the lawyer handling your matter. Alternatively, you may also contact R.M. Sluijter of Pot Jonker Advocaten. We handle any complaint we receive according to a procedure, which is described in our Complaints Procedure.
In consultation with you, we will attempt to resolve the problem that has arisen as soon as possible. We will always confirm this resolution to you in writing. You can expect to receive our written response to your complaint within four weeks.
Our Complaints Procedure is set out below:
Complaints Procedure - Pot Jonker advocaten N.V.
Article 1 Definitions
In this Complaints Procedure:
– complaint means any written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of a client towards a lawyer or the person/persons working under their responsibility concerning the conclusion and the execution of a contract for services (overeenkomst van opdracht), the quality of the services provided or the amount of the fee note, not being a complaint as referred to in Section 4 of the Counsel Act (Advocatenwet);
– complainant means the client or the client’s representative that makes a complaint;
– complaints officer means the lawyer charged with handling the complaint;
Article 2 Scope of application
- This Complaints Procedure applies to all contracts for services between Pot Jonker and the client.
- The Complaints Procedure also applies to the matters handled by the Statutory Debt Restructuring for Natural Persons (Wsnp) administrator.
- Each lawyer and Wsnp administrator of Pot Jonker must see to it that complaints are handled in accordance with this Complaints Procedure.
Article 3 Purposes
This Complaints Procedure is for the purposes of:
- establishing a procedure for handling complaints by clients in a constructive manner within a reasonable period of time;
- establishing a procedure for determining the causes of complaints by clients;
- maintaining and improving existing client relationships by means of effective complaints handling;
- training employees to respond to complaints in a client-oriented manner;
- improving the quality of the services we provide with the aid of complaints handling and complaints analysis.
Article 4 Information at commencement of the services
- This Complaints Procedure is published. Before entering into the contract for services, the lawyer will advise the client that Pot Jonker maintains a complaints procedure and that this applies to the services we provide.
- Complaints as referred to in Article 1 of this Complaints Procedure which remain unresolved after handling may be referred to the District Court of Noord-Holland.
Article 5 Internal complaints procedure
- If a client approaches Pot Jonker with a complaint, the complaint will be referred to R.M. Sluijter, who will thereupon act as complaints officer.
- The complaints officer will inform the person who is the subject of the complaint of the filing of the complaint and will give the complainant and the person who is the subject of the complaint the opportunity to explain or respond to the complaint.
- The person who is the subject of the complaint will attempt to resolve the matter with the client, whether or not with the intermediation of the complaints officer.
- The complaints officer will handle the complaint within four weeks of receipt of the complaint. If this time limit is not met, the complaints officer will inform the client and provide an explanation for the delay, also stating a new period within which the complaint will be assessed.
- The complaints officer will inform the complainant and the person who is the subject of the complaint in writing of the assessment of the merits of the complaint, and may make recommendations.
- If the complaint has been settled satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person who is the subject of the complaint will sign the assessment of the merits of the complaint.
Article 6 Confidentiality and complaints handling free of charge
- The complaints officer and the person who is the subject of a complaint will observe confidentiality during the handling of the complaint.
- The complainant will not be charged any fee for the costs of handling the complaint.
Article 7 Responsibilities
- The complaints officer is responsible for handling the complaint in a timely manner.
- The person who is the subject of a complaint will keep the complaints officer informed of any contact and a possible resolution.
- The complaints officer will keep the complainant informed of the progress of the handling of the complaint.
- The complaints officer will keep the complaint file up-to-date.
Article 8 Miscellaneous provisions
- The complaints officer will register the complaint and the subject of the complaint.
- A complaint may be classified in multiple subject categories.
- The complaints officer will report at regular intervals to the executive board of Pot Jonker advocaten on the handling of complaints and make recommendations for preventing new complaints and for improving procedures.
Article 9 Complaints procedure in respect of Wsnp administrators
Any complaint pertaining to the conduct of the administrator may, having first been handled internally by Pot Jonker, and where there is dissatisfaction regarding the handling of a complaint, be submitted to a separate complaints committee at the Legal Aid Board (Raad voor Rechtsbijstand). Please refer to the Complaints Procedure in respect of Wsnp II Administrators at www.bureauwsnp.nl.